Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Monday, November 14, 2011

A 'Junior MasterChef Season 2' Ramble

Having loved the first season of the great MasterChef spin-off, tuning in to its second season was an obvious go-go for me.


I just love the concept of young kids taking over the kitchen! Most of the time, the shorter ones couldn't even reach the bench, but they would still give it a go and laugh it all out in the end. Little Lily, for example, today in the Tag-Team Challenge, had to knead this rather giant pasta dough and she was struggling to put her weight on her hands to knead it. So instead of calling the rather robust-looking Miguel Maestre, brilliant chef and team captain of the red team, she grabbed out a frying pan and started hammering the dough up like how a rock-star would break their guitar!

Then there's the fact that the kids went all out and braved the rather putrid idea of cooking and eating lamb offal. What's offal? Oh you know,  the brains, the kidneys, the hearts of your average meat, no biggie. Umm, actually it's YES BIGGIE! Offal is just a big YUCK for me and I would never have tried it or cooked it for that matter. But Indigo, Zac and Harry all deserve a trophy. I love a foodie adventure, but I ain't dibbing on them entrails.

I'm loving the series so far, no matter what the aussie ratings say. This season definitely crumbled in terms of number of viewers compared to last year's and I just don't get why! This season was vibrant, fresh and the contestants were as adorable and as spicy in the kitchen as their predecessors. However, whatever the general masses say, I enjoy watching this series and I know many of my friends do too and it will continually have my support no matter what.

To end, I will share my opinions of who are the potential candidates of taking down the trophy this year. 

Greta, 11
I'm loving the look of Greta. Not only is she such a darling with an absolutely gorgeous smile, that girl could definitely cook!
Currently topping the leader-board, this girl has some nice tricks up her sleeve. With a creative mind and with plating up skills beyond her 11 years, she's definitely a contender of the competition.

Lily, 10
Bubbly and cheerful, little Lily definitely is definitely a top contender of this competition. She's got a nice sweet tooth (even though her cakes seem to always fail her and manage to jump off her bench when she needs them the most) and a competitive nature that could just snag her the next Junior MasterChef title.

These two gorgeous girls are my current candidates for the title but I'm liking Chandler and Indigo's creativity, Alysha's simple yet delicious dishes, Zac's confidence and Jack and little Harry's passion.

In the next few weeks, the tables could definitely turn so let's see what will happen next...


Junior MasterChef is on every Sunday & Monday on Channel 10 at 7.30pm.

1 comments:

The Book Blogger said...

Haha someone forgot to mention Chandler:P
Great post btw.
ily xoxo