Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Friday, October 21, 2011

Food Moshing at Luxor Functions!

Time flies yet again... the big brother has finally graduated from his high school life! Tonight he was officially granted his certificate of Year 12 completion. Wow. It just seemed like yesterday when we were on the floor wrestling for who gets to have a turn with the good ol' playstation.
But every celebration whether they be sad or happy, always mean...FOOD! And Luxor Functions did mighty well with providing thee best!

Vhat vas on thee menu?

Entree
Chicken vol au Vent
or
Panzerotti

Main
Roast Beef and vegetables
or
Chicken Parmagiana

Dessert
Pavlova with Passion fruit Sauce
or
White and Dark Mousse Cake

For Entree, I really wanted the chicken vol au vent so I swapped with the dadsy even though he actually wanted it, being the sly fox and just the bestest daughter ever! For Main, we were both losers since dear mother took the chicken parma which we both were after and for dessert, I swapped my pavlova with his mousse cake but we eventually halved because he thought I was unfair for taking the good ones! Love you dad! 

Chicken Parmigiana






Best chicken breast ever cooked that I have tasted in my life...and that's saying something! It literally, cut like butter. There was no need to put so much effort with cutting a piece off, much like a saw and embarrassing yourself in front of many random eyes. Sauce had the perfect acidity and everything was just gorgeous! Too bad I got the roast beef...
Roast Beef with Roasted Potatoes, Capsicum and Beans
Though my heart favoured a good ol' parma, this dish was still very delicious and enjoyable to eat. I particularly love that crunchy bit on top. I can't seem to put a finger on what it's called, exactly, but I loved it! Downside: not enough sauce.
Half Marbled Mousse Cake and Pavlova
Two great desserts! I particularly loved the mousse cake. It was moist and oozing with flavour and the cherry coulis/sauce was gorg. Not a big fan of pavlova, I still quite enjoyed it but it's just so sweet! The un-captured passionfruit sauce complemented it well, though.
Whew! What a foodie night and thy tummy filled to the brim like a dwarf's pint and a half. Food Moshing at Luxor was a 4.5/5.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!